Boston Children's Hospital's Department of Medicine Patient Services is committed to increasing education in pediatric issues to community providers who care for them.
The following programs provide a comprehensive update of current trends and nursing/medical management of the pediatric population by Boston Children's Hospital specialists.
These programs are intended for:
- school nurses
- community healthcare providers
Professional development training days
Please take a moment to look over our Professional Development Program information. If you are looking to hold a program with us, we would love to start the planning process. Program information can be found at this link.
Please note: If you want training for the months of September/October, ideally requests need to be made by mid-June.
CEI Lecture Series 2023-24
Throughout the school year, the Community Education Initiative hosts a number of evening lectures via Zoom. These lectures will provide you up-to-date information on many issues related to school health.
- Each session costs $40 and is streamed live; 2.0 nursing contact hours/2.0 PDPs are awarded upon completion of evaluation after each session.
- The sessions are streamed from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. (EST).
- Purchase orders are accepted and must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org along with nurse’s name and email address
- All Zoom access and handouts will be emailed out to all registered attendees the day before each program.
- Nov. 29: Management of eating disorders in the school setting
- Dec. 13: Resilience building and stress reduction for nurses
- Jan. 11: Pain Series: Caring for Children with Chronic Pain
- Feb. 8: Pain Series: Caring for Children with Rheumatoid Arthritis/Pediatric Pain Rehabilitation Center Services Overview
- Feb. 29: Pain Series: Pediatric and Adolescent Headaches
- March 20: Pain Series: Treatment of Students with Functional Abdominal Pain in the School Setting
- April 10: Transition Guardianship
- May 14: Conflict Management in the School Setting
Available online courses
We are excited to offer school nurses and others the opportunity for professional development through a number of available online courses. Participants will have the ability to complete the courses according to their own schedules and to receive nursing contact hours and professional development points. Program contact hours are good for two years from the date of original recordings.
Wellness for school nurses and healthcare providers
The Community Education Initiative is always looking to offer wellness programming for school nurses and community healthcare providers. This is an opportunity for renewal and to refresh your energies as a school nurse-for yourself and your students, colleagues and family!
We will provide an opportunity for you to learn new ways of incorporating balance in your life and the lives of others. Refresh your energy, renew your spirit, gain a new awareness and leave with a sense of relaxation. Come with an open heart and the intention to learn something new!
Stay tuned for more wellness opportunities!
For questions about programs, please contact:
- Stephanie Porter, MSN, RN: 857-218-4333 or email@example.com
- Heather Engholm, RN, BSN, MPH: 857-218-4331 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions about payment and registration, please contact:
- Judi Naar: 617-355-8431 (phone), 617-730-0591 (fax), or email@example.com