Programs And Services | Overview
Focused specialty care is provided by the following programs and centers of excellence:
- The Augmentative Communication Program provides evaluation and rehabilitation for children and adults who are non-speaking or whose speech is severely impaired.
- The Autism Language Program is specifically designed to help children diagnosed with an autism spectrum disorder communicate and learn more effectively.
- The Balance and Vestibular Program diagnoses and manages balance and vestibular disorders in children of all ages.
- The Center for Airway Disorders treats children with a range of complex problems involving the airway.
- The Cochlear Implant Program provides advanced hearing technology for children with permanent hearing loss.
- The Deaf and Hard of Hearing Program assesses the cognitive, social and communication skills of hearing impaired children, and assists in planning their comprehensive intervention and health care needs.
- The Eustachian Tube Dysfunction and Neurotology Program focuses on particularly challenging ear problems in children as well as adults.
- The Head, Neck and Skull Base Surgery Program provides for the diagnosis and management of children with head and neck tumors together with colleagues from the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Department of Neurosurgery, and Department of Plastic Surgery.
- The Hearing Disorders Clinic and the Audiology Program offer comprehensive, multi-disciplinary evaluation and management of various degrees of hearing loss in infants, children and adolescents.
- The Feeding and Swallowing Program works with families whose infants, children and adolescents have feeding and poor swallowing difficulties.
- The Sinonasal Disorders Program collaborates with pulmonary experts to treat a variety of sinus problems in children with multiple medical conditions including cystic fibrosis.
- The Sleep Apnea and Sleep Surgery Program evaluates and treats pediatric patients with obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) who have previously undergone tonsil and adenoid removal or have complex medical issues associated with sleep apnea.
- The Speech-Language Pathology Program enables children and adolescents who have communication disorders to maximize their communication abilities.
- The Tracheostomy Clinic provides multi-disciplinary care and long term follow-up for children with tracheotomy tube reliance.
- The Voice and Velopharyngeal Program provides comprehensive evaluations and treatment of children who have voice and resonance disorders.