Boston Children’s offers a variety of resources for patients of the Center for Airway Disorders and their families.
- The Family Advisory Council is a group of parents of current and former patients who are dedicated to enhancing the center by providing their valuable experiences, knowledge, and expertise to other families.
- The Hale Family Center for Families is dedicated to supporting families through their time at Boston Children’s. The center provides information for families on questions they may have about diagnoses, community resources, or hospital resources. For more information, please call 617-355-6279.
- The Social Work Program at Boston Children’s is made up of a variety of professionals and programs dedicated to integrating the social and psychological needs of patients and families with their health care. Social workers, resource specialists, and advocates form a network that addresses the challenges families face, increases accessibility to health care and other human services, and serves as a bridge between the hospital setting and a patient's family life, home, and community.
Family education videos: Caring for a tracheotomy tube at home
Before a child goes home with a tracheotomy tube, our team trains their parents on how to care for their child at home. For parents who need a reminder, these videos cover the most important steps.
The following websites provide supportive resources for families. However, Boston Children’s is not responsible for their content. If you have any questions about information regarding your child’s care, be sure to talk to a member of your child’s care team.
- Feeding Matters: an organization devoted to promoting awareness of pediatric feeding disorders
- Family TIES of Massachusetts: a support network for families of children with special needs
- Family Resource Centers of Massachusetts: a statewide network of community-based providers offering multicultural parenting programs, support groups, early childhood services, information, and referral resources and education for families
- Catastrophic Illness Relief Fund for Children in Massachusetts: provides financial assistance to qualified families caring for children with special health needs and disabilities
- Cerner Charitable Foundation: provides funding for individual children with health-related needs when insurance and other financial resources have been exhausted
- United Healthcare Children's Foundation: helps families gain access to care through medical grants
- HealthWell Foundation's Pediatric Assistance Fund: provides financial assistance to eligible families of critically ill children