Our Team | Overview
Meet our team
Senior Vice President, and Chief Equity and Inclusion Officer
Dr. Valerie Ward leads the essential work of making Boston Children’s a leader in health equity and inclusivity for all: our patients, our families, and our staff.
Dr. Ward collaborates closely with other Boston Children’s chiefs and senior leaders on a number of initiatives, including:
- creating an innovative coaching and academic advancement program for early career underrepresented faculty
- developing initiatives aimed to improve the recruitment, retention, and development of our diverse workforce
- evaluating existing and developing new health equity quality metrics that inform how we deliver care to all children
- improving processes for the delivery of culturally effective pediatric care
- collaborating on multidisciplinary research studies to improve child health outcomes
Externally, Dr. Ward represents Boston Children’s and its commitment to health equity on the Solutions for Patient Safety (SPS) Health Equity Leadership Workgroup and the newly created SPS Ambulatory Foundations Workgroup.