About the center
The Hale Family Center for Families is dedicated to supporting patient families through their experience at Boston Children's Hospital. All patients and families are welcome to use the center’s services. Working with many departments across the hospital, the Hale Family Center for Families strives to create a home-away-from-home for all families during their time at Boston Children’s. The center is located on the main campus, in the main lobby between Au Bon Pain and the interactive wall.
- hospital resources and wayfinding help
- free Dunkin’ Donuts coffee
- inpatient caregiver showers and laundry services
- DVDs, books, and games for parents to check out and take to their rooms
- notary services
- caregiver breastfeeding room
- computers, printers, a fax machine, and a scanner for families to use
- cell phone- and tablet-charging station
- conference rooms that are available for family meetings, birthday parties, or private phone calls
- private telephone rooms and quiet rooms for families
- multilingual staff
- information about cultural and spiritual resources in the hospital and community
- wayfinding support in English, Spanish, Arabic, and French
- ver: su guía del Boston Children's Hospital
Activities for kids and teens
Parking and accommodations support
Hours of operation
Monday to Friday: 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Major holidays: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.