Did you know you can schedule a routine follow-up appointment with your dermatologist online?
Sign in or sign up for MyChildren's Patient Portal to begin scheduling.
The Boston Children's Hospital Dermatology Program provides care for children and adolescents with all forms of congenital and acquired disorders of the skin, nails, hair, and mucous membranes.
Our program is one of the most experienced programs of its type, caring for nearly 12,000 children from across the U.S. and around the world.
Boston Children’s researchers remain at the forefront of building knowledge about the diagnosis, treatment, and long-term care of both rare — and common — skin conditions. Our experts never stop learning. We are equally skilled in treating children with both acute and chronic skin disorders, as well as abnormalities of the skin that might point to internal diseases.
Our approach to dermatology
Children are typically referred to our program by their pediatrician or primary care physician for consultation, treatment, and long-term management. When it comes to healing children with dermatologic conditions, Boston Children’s fully understands the unique challenges kids face, and we’re here to help.
Program highlights include:
- More than 12,000 outpatients visits last year: The Dermatology Program is proud to care for patients of all backgrounds, including children in our local community, all 50 states, and abroad. We diagnosis and manage common and rare skin problems, as well as conditions of the hair, nails, and mucous membranes.
- 11 attending physicians: Our providers are board certified in dermatology and pediatric dermatology. While we are all comfortable taking care of many skin conditions, some of us specialize in certain disorders such as birthmarks, moles, cancer-related skin conditions, lupus, and eczema.
- Top-notch Harvard trainees (medical students, residents, and fellows): We are part of a teaching hospital, and we are proud to train future dermatologists and pediatricians. When you come for a visit with us, you can expect to be seen by a trainee (medical student, resident, or fellow) as well as an attending physician.
- Inpatient consultative dermatology: We also take care of skin problems that arise in hospitalized children. Hospital-based dermatology services are available around the clock.
- Combined specialty programs in rheumatology/dermatology, vascular anomalies, and oncology/dermatology: Some medical conditions affect not only the skin but other organs and therefore require collaboration between multiple types of doctors in multi-disciplinary clinics. We are proud to offer multidisciplinary clinics in rheumatology/dermatology (conditions affecting the joints and skin), vascular anomalies (birthmarks made of blood vessels), and oncology/dermatology (cancer-related skin conditions).
- Pulsed dye laser services in Lexington: We offer laser treatment for vascular birthmarks (hemangiomas, capillary malformations) at our satellite location in Lexington. We ask that you make an appointment with one of our dermatologists before scheduling laser treatment.