You may be eligible to donate if you:
- Are 17 years of age or older (16 years old with parental consent).
- Weigh at least 110 lbs.
- Have not had a blood transfusion within the past three months.
- Have not had a transplant in the past three months.
- Are not pregnant or gave birth within the past six weeks.
- Have not required overnight hospitalization for a procedure in the past six months.
- Have not taken illegal or non-prescription drugs by needle in the past three months.
- Tattoos and piercings are okay, as long as they were performed in a licensed and regulated facility and are fully healed. Anything done by oneself or outside of those facilities are a three-month deferral.
- Have completed the health questionnaire prior to being accepted for donating.
- Have a valid and acceptable form of photo identification to bring at the time of donation.
- Certain serious past or present medical conditions may affect your ability to donate. Give us a call if you have any questions regarding medical conditions.
- Call 617-355-6677 for further questions on eligibility.
To make an appointment to donate, please visit https://www.bostonchildrens.org/halfpints.