Office of Sponsored Programs | Overview
The Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) facilitates the conduct of research at Boston Children’s Hospital by assisting the research community with applying for, negotiating, and managing externally sponsored research funding. OSP also serves as a primary interface with federal and not-for-profit sponsors and with peer institutions that collaborate with Boston Children’s researchers. As a central research administration office, OSP works with the research community and the hospital to ensure the appropriate stewardship of externally provided resources as well as compliance with all applicable sponsor regulations.
OSP’s primary activities include:
- providing information on funding opportunities for federal and not-for-profit sponsors
- providing guidance with preparation of the business sections of a proposal
- reviewing and endorsing applications for external funding
- negotiating terms and conditions of awards with sponsors
- issuing of sub-awards to collaborating institutions
- providing information, guidance, and training to the Boston Children’s research community regarding sponsor guidelines, regulations, and expectations
- assisting investigators transferring to and/or from Boston Children’s
- problem-solving and issue management
OSP may be reached at 617-919-2729 (4-2729 internally) or by email at email@example.com. OSP is located on the seventh floor in Landmark Center at 401 Park Drive.